Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Countdown: 24 days

I'm going to do a countdown to Christmas, my favorite part of the year! I found a site that has verses for each day and I wanted to share them with you day by day. Here is the verse for today:
"Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. 12 When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. 13 But the angel said to him: “Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to call him John. 14 He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, 15 for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before he is born. 16 He will bring back many of the people of Israel to the Lord their God. 17 And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the parents to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteous—to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.” Luke 1:11-17 NIV


How wonderful is our God? He blessed Elizabeth with John! Our Lord blesses you with many things as well! What things has God blessed in your life? I know it's hard to think of things when we are living our everyday life...there are bills to pay, work with people we don't necessarily want to work with, school, all those extra clubs and meetings we have, and trying to have a social life...but God is in all of these things with you and he is BLESSING YOU!!! Please take a minute and think of the wonderful things God has blessed you with...
God has blessed me with A LOT!!!
*I have a wonderful fiance who supports me in everything I do
*I have a job! As hard as it is to go to work after a long day at school, I HAVE a job, I can pay my bills, I have a place to rest my head and food to eat!
*I have amazing parents that although it was probably a pain to raise me, they have continually supported me. They were at all my school events, this meant they canceled their own things to be there for ME!
*I have my grandfather in Heaven watching over me! Although he wasn't here to see me graduate and won't be at my wedding, and never got to hear me play my clarinet, I know he is looking down and smiling at me.
*I still have my wonderful grandma with me! Although she's been sick a lot the past few years, she's still with us and she (if the Lord wills) will see me walk down the isle for my wedding!
*I have a close knit family...although we all have our differences there's no separating us...people think I have a large family, but it's just cause we are so close I know all my 2nd and 3rd cousins! 
*I have 2 wonderful brothers and though we may fight and have our difference, I know if anyone ever hurt me, BOTH would be here in a heart beat
*I have TWO adorable nephews that amaze me everyday how much they are growing!
*I have a wonderful community of supporters!


There are SO many other things I can list here...but I want to know what blessings you have in your life! Please leave comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment